Swedish National Debt Office forms Scientific Advisory Council
Press release 4 December 2013
The Debt Office is focusing on strengthening the analytical capacity. The newly formed Scientific Advisory Council consists of three members and its main role is to advise the executive management.
– The aim is to ensure and maintain the Debt Office's leadership in all areas. A part of this work is to establish a Scientific Advisory Council, says Director General Hans Lindblad.
The Debt Office has appointed three members of council:
- Professor of Finance, Magnus Dahlquist, Stockholm School of Economics (SSE)
- Professor at Department of Economics, Nils Gottfries, Uppsala University
- Ph.D. in Economics, Anna Larsson Seim, Stockholm University
The members of council are appointed to a three-year term and will be starting their assignment on 1 January, 2014.
The Council will provide guidance and evaluate the analysis and evaluation methods used by the Debt Office.
– The council is first and foremost an advisory body and will keep us updated in relevant research areas. The Council can address issues that we need to analyse more closely and act as a consultative body for our analyses, says Hans Lindblad.
For more information, please contact:
Unni Jerndal, Head of Communications, +46 8 613 45 96